Wednesday, December 24, 2008

More Mid-level Practitioners Emerge

The infiltration of Mid-level providers is creeping into other fields. The linked article http://www.healthjobsnationwide.com/news.php?articleID=12 has a very succinct descriptions of Dental, Radiology, and EMS mid-level providers.

PAs, NPs, and Nurse Midwives have been with us for awhile. But with the push for more independent practice I have to wonder if all this is leading to a 'bargain basement' tier of health care.

"Can't afford a real doctor? Our fully trained staff of Nuclear Interventional Dermatology Assistants* are ready to provide for all your skin care needs..."
* I have blatantly plagerized this phrase, but I cannot remember from where. If you coined it, please let me know so I can give proper credit to you.

No comments: