Friday, December 4, 2009

Job Hunting


Wow...I haven't had to actually find a job for 25+ years. Putting together a CV, phone interviews, in-person interviews, salary and benefit negotiations, cost of living and quality of life decisions, new state licensure. It's
been interesting.
I purposely decided not to hang up my own shingle and have been looking at group practices or staff positions. They have run the gamut from Medicaid mills on up.
I have had 2 serious offers so far. One is from a private group of physicians who own their own hospital and have a small in-house dental practice. I am strongly considering that one. The other position at a state hospital just had it's funding pulled as a cost saving measure. So much for that.
Off to a third interview on Monday. We'll see how that goes.

The bait shop is still a consideration. Maybe I'll add a marina... ;-)

1 comment:

Chrysalis Angel said...

Good luck on the job hunt. You'll be snatched up before you know it.

It's really going to be up to you to decide which practice you'll enjoy. A group practice is a good way to go for now, but the larger runs can run like a mill for sure. Good luck to you.